The Curity™ Abdominal Pads consists of three layers: soft outer nonwoven layer, fluff filler for absorbency, and a wet proof barrier to prevent fluid strike-through. All four edges are sealed to prevent lint residue and leaking.
- Soft top layer wicks fluid away from wound; Fluff filler absorbs and disperses fluid throughout the entire pad
- Acts as a reservoir to capture exudates, helping to prevent the development of moist pathways that can lead to contamination
- Absorbs at least twice as much fluid without strike-through as competitive abdominal pads reducing dressing changes; Utilizes 65% of the pad prior to fluid strike-through versus 10% utilization of competitive pads
- Prevent lint residue and leaking; help prevent particulate matter from escaping, decreasing the possibility of wound contamination
- Retards fluid strike-through; Moisture proof backing protects both the patient and healthcare worker from fluid strike-through