The Topaz 8 Plus is ideal for individuals living in the community with Stage I – III pressure wounds or as a preventative measure. It requires minimal maintenance or adjustments. The maximum weight capacity is 350 lbs.
The design of the individual cells inside the mattress are similar to a figure 8, divided into two 4″ sections. The lower four inches remain inflated at all times. The top four inches alternate in a 3:1 pattern so that 66% of the body is constantly supported. This allows for a more stable surface.
To ensure the longevity of the control unit we recommend inspecting / cleaning the filter monthly.
- Only 8” thick, a better fit for home care and hospital beds
- Auto-pressure Detection, eliminating the guess-work when setting up the mattress
- Figure 8 cell design provides fowler position support, prevents bottoming-out
- Auto-Memory ensures the mattress returns to previous settings following a power failure. Lock-out feature prevents tampering with settings
- Cover material is breathable, easy to wipe clean
- Micro Low Air Loss Technology – Air escapes from laser-cut openings located under air cells and distributed away from the skin.
- Deep Cell 3:1 Alternation Therapy – 18 independent 8 inch high cells inflate and deflate in a 3:1 cycle, creating NEW! – When CPL mode is selected, mattress maintains function at a reduced selected pressure (Constant Low Pressure) in static mode. Cells have a figure “8” design; the bottom half is always inflated and only the top half alternates. In the event of a power failure the bottom half of the cells remain inflated up to 72 hours
- Comfort Level and Auto Detection – 8 soft/firm settings offer easy comfort adjustment allowing caregivers to fine-tune therapeutic support and optimize patient comfort. Auto Detection can be used to automatically detect weight of the individual and set appropriate pressure for patient comfort.
- Auto Firm – Inflates the mattress with a simple push of a button for installation and nursing care requirements.
- Auto Alarm – Visual and audio alarms in the event of power failure, low pressure and service indicator.
- CPR quick-Release Valve – Deflates the torso section in less than 20 seconds in the event of medical emergencies.